Friday, January 30, 2015

Friday, Jan. 30

We were up early but slow to get moving. I walked to school and thought I would upload my pics to Mixbook and start on the Asia book.  When I got to Dainty's office she said the principal wanted to see me. After a bit of a wait, the Assistant principal called me into his office.  He interviewed me for an hour or so and then said he would discuss with the principal.  The interview went very well and he liked the programs and projects that I said I vision for RIS.  However, Sudha, who is the head of hiring is still in the U.S. at hiring fairs. So I doubt I will hear before she gets back.

We are packed and soon will be off to Khao Yai.  We left at 4:30 and did the usual stop at A & W for root beer and snacks.  The menu has a Mozzarella burger but that is all that is the same.  Curly fries no onion rings. Chicken waffle sandwich, pork and rice. Interesting but goes with the slogan here- same - same - different.


We were unpacking, drinking wine, blowing up balloons and eating.  There were five loaded cars here last night, so about 25 people. The house has three floors. Each floor has a kitchen, three bedrooms each with their own ensuite, AC unit, and TV.  All the rooms exit onto the balcony.  So, in total nine bedrooms, three kitchens, three living rooms and three huge open spaces.  They have about 20 large tables and fifty chairs, perfect for large gatherings.  The owner said we may use it at any time, just like her know!  There is a staff house behind that the guy who looks after it lives.  He made the beds, cleans up etc.  pretty awesome set-up!

No comments:

Post a Comment