Thursday, January 22, 2015

Friday, January 23. Part 2

After breakfast I had decided that we should check out the 3 D art museum.  So, we went to a travel agency to get tickets.  I had read that the tickets were $300 baht at the door but only $200 at a travel agency.  Sure enough, we got tickets and then started the 800 meter walk.  The place is amazing....I have to post some of the pics





















Then it was time to get a manicure. So off I went and had my nails done along with nail art.  Two women were there getting manicures, both spend the winters here. One was from the Netherlands and the other from France. They talked a bit in English but when they found out where each other was from they conversed in French.  The French lady asked me in French if I could understand them, and of course I could some.... I told them I was from Canada...then they switched to English and we had a nice chat. One has been coming here for 17 years, they built a house in the countryside.  My manicure was $200 baht ($8) but the nail art was $250 ($10).  That is the most I have ever paid....

No comments:

Post a Comment