Saturday, January 24, 2015

Saturday, January 24 Part 1

Today was supposed to be a relaxing day!  We decided to go for a walk.  We left at about 10:30 and after about an hour I was starving.  Bruce chose a Chinese restaurant , very nice hence expensive.  He ordered tea and prawn with glass noodle.  I ordered Lo Mein with shrimp and chicken and water.  The bill was $600 baht ($24).



We walked back to the Main Street and got a tuk tuk to take us to the other side of the river where we were yesterday.  We walked and browsed a bit and came across this cute place called Woo Cafe.  We decided to have a coffee and share a piece of chocolate banana cake topped with almonds.  It was delicious. By the way, in Asia it is very common to get a small biscuit when you order a cup of coffee.



We continued to walk and browse and came across the foot bridge.  So we crossed the river and ended up in 'Chinatown '.  I found sequins and beads to embellish the clothes I he to get made in Vietnam.

We kept on walking and found a jewellery store that sold raw gems.  He put a dark blue sapphire in where I had lost a black diamond on my band. He charged $200 baht ($8).  I am glad it is fixed.
We walked a little more and decided to take a tuk tuk home.  We got home at 3:30.

We are hoping to rest so'we can stay up until 11 tonight and check out some bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment