Friday, March 20, 2015

Friday, March 20

Today is another slow day.  We didn't get up until 8:30.  Had a couple cups of coffee on the balcony and enjoyed the warmth.  Then we decided to have a yoghurt and then exercise.  Bruce went for a beach walk while I headed to the gym.  The treadmill appears broken.  I rode the bike for about three minutes and my knee started to hurt.  So I lifted a couple free weights.... No AC in the gym, so sweating like mad.  I went back to the room.

  When Bruce got back we had lunch and then headed to the pool.  Bruce baked while I swam.  I managed ten laps before I decided to relax in the shade.








This pink blossoms smell great.


We came back to the room and got ready to leave.  

We had trouble finding the right market so found a place to have a beer and get directions.  We also made a friend.






I read about a weekend market called - The Cicada.  It is full of unique crafts, people showcasing their art, live music at the amphitheatre, and a large food area.

I ended up buying a pair of handmade shoes for $400 baht.




They are so comfortable!  He said the pics are napkins, I am thinking he deco pages them and then smells the shoe.  He says they are hand washable.


A new project for mom - a crocheted doll with clothes for $600 baht.









A notebook for $59 baht.



Then we stopped for something to eat.  Bruce chose a fried shrimp platter and spring roll platter and two glasses of wine.  Cost $600 baht. Even at this market the plates are glass and the wine glasses look the part but are plastic.




After we ate we walked around and found lots of amazing food. We will be back tomorrow.

Thai omelette with mussels





Chicken and pork grilled



OMG. kebobs

Seafood, meat, and veggie


Broccoli, corn on the cob ... Looks so good!

Before we left I wanted to check out the art. We talked to this guy who has been doing watercolour for many years.  His large works were $700 baht. His prints were $50 baht... $2.00.  We chose eight, Bruce was going for a deal... But I just couldn't.


Bangkok

Floating market


Fishing boats

Hua Hin market

Railway station

Hill tribe house

Country side and terraced fields


I still can't believe he was selling them for $50 baht ($2.00) and even matted!









Then we went to the bus stop and hopped on.  It is a good thirty minutes to our place and the cost is $80 baht for the both of us.

We got home around 8:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment