Monday, March 23, 2015

Monday, March 23

We got up and went for a walk along the beach.  I wanted to see if I could find the White Sand, a boutique hotel I stayed at six years ago. I found it right away! It is only about a 10 minute walk from our place.  We will walk over one night for dinner. I came home while Bruce kept on walking.

We had peanut butter and banana on toast for breakfast, as well as yoghurt.

This afternoon we played cards ....  About 4:30 we hopped on the bus and went to the mall. 




We went to Sizzler again for dinner. Bruce started with the mushroom soup and a variety of stuff from the salad bar.  I had a veggie pesto salad and the roasted pumpkin cashew salad.  Both were delicious. MBruce had the full rack of ribs and brought half of them home.  I had the rib/chicken combo- and brought home most of the chicken and baked potato.  



Then we went to Tesco-Lotus, the grocery store. We needed bread, milk, laundry soap. We decided to make French toast tomorrow- the small bottle of pure maple syrup was $300 baht or $12.00.  It was the ONLY syrup.  So the groceries were $20 and over half was for the syrup.

Then it was time to pick up our glasses. Mine are perfect but there was a change in perscription so looking down is a bit scary.  Bruce had to leave his as he was getting just the lens changed.  So we had an hour to wait.

Off we went for my fitting at the tailor.  I tried on one of the pair of pants and they fit perfectly.  When the silk pieces arrived, results not quite what I wanted.  The dress turned out to be a top.  The top turned out to be a long dress.  So, she is going to cut off the long dress and add it to the top.... With any luck I will have a dress and kimono robe when all is done.  We will know Wednesday.

Then we went for a beer and played Scrabble while we waited for Bruce's glasses.  They seem to be fine ...they changed the size of the lens, altered the nose piece, as well as changed the strength.

On the way to the bus we stopped and bought sticky rice with mango and coconut sauce for tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment