Monday, March 9, 2015

Monday, March 9

Still rainy... Or rather misty!

After breakfast we waited until after 10 to head out shopping.  The rain is supposed to quit this morning.  I thought I was smart finding where we wanted to go on the map.... Nope!  Just got lost.



First stop, pharmacy. Bruce needs some pain pills for his knee.



We ended up finding another street with a store that had Dainty's bowl .... And a new hat for GG.


As we were walking I found a nail place that does nail art.  However, from walking in flip flops, my legs are mud.  So, the girl came out onto the sidewalk to wash my legs....







Two girls worked..... One on my fingernails and the other on my toenails.  1.5 hrs later and $17 including tip I am finished.




Then it was time for lunch, actually it is about 2:00, Bruce is supposed to meet me here at this cute restaurant called Gecko.  No sign yet..... He left me over 2 hrs ago.

I ordered mint tea, banana flower salad with shrimp and pumpkin soup.  



So, I finally decided to go and see if I could find the spa Bruce had gone too.  We were having serious direction problems today, both of us.   I did find it, not him, but his shoes.... Good sign.

After almost five hours we was finished..... Good grief.  Talk about high maintenance!




We started walking home... But decided to stop for dinner.  There was a cool looking place called "sixty six".  Food was amazing....
I had the started plate:  green papaya salad with various types of spring rolls.
Bruce had the beef grilled on a lemongrass stalk. For dessert I had black sticky rice, mango, and coconut ice cream. DeLic!







Bruce's Mai-Tai

My starter plate

Bruce's beef

Dessert. Black sticky rice, mango, coconut ice cream

See,s easy... But lost again... And now it is dark and raining.

We finally found home and now it is time to shower off the mud (no flip flops tomorrow) and rest!

GG's new hat

So cute

No comments:

Post a Comment