Friday, February 20, 2015

Friday, Feb. 20

Travel day!

We had breakfast and then got ready for check out. We checked out and headed for the airport. As usual we were early- our flight was at 1:30 and we were there around 11:30. We got checked in and then I noticed boarding was at 3:15. Not good! Bruce went to the desk and the guy said there had been a schedule change and I should have been notified.  He apologized and wrote on our boarding pass that we would get a free meal.

We went through security and after a couple of attempts found the right restaurant. We had a choice of four items.  Bruce chose chicken and rice and I chose pork and rice.  Then it dawned on me I was notified but I guess I didn't't change my hard copy.

Then the flight was delayed another 35 minutes.  We got on the turbo prop plane and the babies started crying. One screamed for a good half hour.  We landed and got our bags.  When leaving the airport we had to give our luggage tags and she checked to make sure we had the right bags.  So that took time to dig out.  We had requested a hotel transfer so there was a guy there holding a sign with my name on it, even all spelled right, so we were off.

It was a long drive..... At least 25 min. And no traffic.  Whenever he approached a motorbike he flashed his brights instead of honking.... Much quieter!  When we arrived we were given a glass of pineapple juice and asked to sit while they the paperwork.  We are in the middle of downtown with a nice view of the beach from our balcony.  The waves crash so loud that I could hear them throughout the night.






Of course it was dark when we arrived... There was a musical performance happening on the stage in the picture on the left.  It ended with the dragon dance.

When we got inside our room the bellboy pointed out the welcome cake for us to enjoy. Nice touch!

I have found a cold....so am looking for cough candies to get rid of my scratchy throat.  So, out we go!
Right across the street we found a little store packed with everything.  We bought Ricolos and a bottle of wine.  Our room has real wine glasses and a cork screw.











We found a restaurant about a half a block from the hotel that had an amazing display of seafood.




We ordered the bacon wrapped shrimp and calamari.  They both came with slices of cucumber and fries.  Very good. 



 Bruce had a White Russian and I had a B51.  The total bill $23.

We walked home, had some of the cake, and called it a night- after 10!


No comments:

Post a Comment