Saturday, February 14, 2015

Saturday, Feb. 14

We slept in until about 7:30 and then we got organized for breakfast. The breakfast is very good for a three star hotel.  There is a lady preparing eggs, fruit selection, porridge, bacon, sausages, pastries/bread, salad bar, spaghetti and meat sauce, chicken fried rice, fried chicken, fried wontons.
I would say they have most cultures covered.




Next we went back to the salon. We passed this cute rooster on the sidewalk.


I wanted to get nail art and Bruce needed his heels scraped. They ordered me Vietnamese coffee- soooo good.  It took her a good hour to finish but they are very nice. The owner invited us to her TET party on the 19th.....




Decorated/carved watermelon for TET (New Year celebrations)

These are in the salon

After that we walked around and ended up at the market.  They are Valentine arrangements everywhere.




They had some good deals on fabric but I had left my clothes in the room.  Bruce bought a Vietnamese coffee maker and coffee for $300 000 VDN and a Polo silk shirt for $600 000 VDN.


My fav mangosteens- right in front of the seller

Top right corner huge pomelos 

Then I came home and he went to the hotel across the way to use the steam room.  I worked on this blog and had it all done with pictures.  But it still says it is uploading ( I had done it on the iPhone because that it what we are using to take pics).  We have had many warnings about people stealing your bags and iPads so not taking the risk. The pics are on Facebook.... And hopefully I will get it to work soon. I figured out a way - upload to Fb, take a pic of them, crop and then upload to blog !!










































No comments:

Post a Comment